Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Beastmen WIP Part 1

I am going to have a go at an army log here, in the hope that it inspires me to get more work done on my minis. I am a huge fan of seeing average people build and paint minis as it inspires me to get work done, whereas seeing really good people do it just makes me want to hide in a hole and cry. So to begin with here is a shot of what I'm working with.
Beer included for scale purposes and not a part of the army.
My army consists of:
3 Minotaurs (I have already finished painting these)
10 Ungors (mostly finished)
10 Bestigors
20 Gors
A shaman
A Khorne Lord or Hero I am using as the general for now
and I have 3 Tzeentch Flamers floating around for some reason.

Minotaurs are already finished... Maybe I need 6 more?
I am a huge fan of the old Chaos armies and after having read Tamurkhan I am pretty keen on making a chaos united army at some point but for now the Beastmen come first. I don't plan to play in any tournaments so using units as "counts as" holds no problem for me. I just aim to have fun and beat my friends every game I play!

I went experimental with the Ungors and had good and bad results.
I have a few little touch ups to do on my Ungors and then they are finished. I am really happy with the yellow sort of colour I settled on but I made a few mistakes in experimenting with colours for them. The Gors are where I will be working next, with 20 of them I certainly have my work cut out with me. I think I will be going with a brown for their flesh as I like them to look more beast than man and I will probably spray paint the next lot black as the wash technique I was going to try on them did not work on the Ungor. With so many models to paint I think they will mostly be pretty basically painted with a Devlan Mud Wash (my favourite and may or may not be called Agrax Earthshade) to cover the whole model.

Lots of work to be done here.
I haven't even begun on my Bestigors yet and as you may be able to tell from this photo they aren't all in one piece. My housemates have a cat that loves to sit on/in boxes and it always ends up destroying my models. I am contemplating getting a case for them and I may do a review of it when i finally get one.

Bestigors and some Flamers of Tzeentch hiding in the background, pact with the devil (I mean Daemons) anyone?
Here are my hero characters, obviously the Shaman is canon but I am using a Khorne Hero/Lord to be my general. It is a great model and I've worked so hard on it to get the red to black fade which you cant see here. He may have to be replaced with an Avatars of War model but we'll see.
Shaman and I think I will use the Khorne Lord as my General for now as it's such a cool model.

No comments:

Post a Comment