Sunday, June 2, 2013

Get back into Company of Heroes 2 now!

The open beta is back up and there are a lot of new features. The menu UI has been greatly improved and now there are new modes available for play, including playing online with friends versus AI. You can even set the AI to easy if you are too scared.


I guess I'm going to have to pre-order this game, you can get it from ozgameshop for pretty cheap but I already know what is going to bug me about it. Pathing was better this time but I still feel it's going to be an issue, it just doesn't seem like a whole step ahead like it should be. The other thing is the general slowness of the multiplayer engine. At first the servers are probably going to be flooded and that will be a nightmare and I understand that this is a beta stress test with probably out-dated code but the original CoH also developed this problem. I sometimes find myself clicking multiple times on a unit just to select it and even when I think I have, I still move the previous unit somehow. That and the relay points you lay down from buildings are way too slow. Still, it's gonna be a great game and it has been a joy to play other than those minor niggles. With single player, online battles, skirmishes against the AI and a full 18 mission co-op mode, I think it's going to be well worth  the 42 dollars.


No comments:

Post a Comment